Monday, April 23, 2007

Finding My Way

I have been feeling very distraught over the various perspectives that I have been considering and hearing from lately regarding pregnancy. I have felt confused and frustrated. Things have been feeling very difficult for me. I guess I have now had more time to think through a lot of things, and come to some decisions and realizations. I almost feel like this post is more for me than anyone else, but I decided to share it anyway. I am basically just realizing and accepting that I cannot know everything, cannot prove anything, and that I have different opinions than others do. I am accepting that and finding my way into pre-pregnancy. Finding the choices, lifestyles and decisions that make me feel like I am really doing the best I can do.

I have realized that a lot of us think differently and will, do and have made different decisions for ourselves. I respect that, and I have no doubt that everyone who has given me advice or opinions does it out of love and concern. In that sense, I am really lucky to have so many people to talk with and hear from and who are involved in my life. At the same time, I am the one who has to make my own decisions in my case, and I appreciate when others can respect my decisions too, even though they may be different. I want to say that I don’t think everyone has to make all the decisions I am making, but I am making these decisions for myself.

I am very concerned about the health and well being of myself and the baby I want to conceive, so I am certainly not making any decisions intentionally aiming to harm anyone. Since that is the case, I do appreciate all comments and thoughts from those who are concerned about the well being of myself and or the baby. That being said, it doesn’t mean that I am going to make all the decisions that others recommend. I’ll think things over, pray about things, and ultimately will come to my own decisions.

I also want to mention that pregnancy, just like life, is very mysterious and full of good and/or bad surprises. Anything could happen. And just because I take a multivitamin, do yoga or eat all the healthy foods in the world – I won’t be protected from things going wrong or complications. So in many ways, I am very excited and terrified. Mostly I try to do the best I can, and pray for the larger part that is out of my control to go well.

No comments: