Thursday, June 7, 2007

Sausage Soup & German Dark Wheat Bread


This is a recipe I am really proud of! I feel like it is German inspired, since I got the idea from my trip in Germany although I didn't learn this recipe, I made it up! It included: lentils, brown rice, sausage, carrots, white and green onions, and tomatoe paste. I made this more than a month ago, and so I can't remember perfectly if that is everything that went into it. I just know that we were trying to buy hot dog weenies, but I didn't feel they were healthy, so then we stumbled upon these sausages, and I tried to eat them like hot dogs, but they didn't taste good like that so then somehow I came up with that soup. It was really good! And definitely reminded me of a soup I ate while in Germany. The bread along with it was called German Dark Wheat bread, although you can't see anything with all the butter Joel put on it!! But it was definitely a very tasty meal. If you want a taste of Germany, make this! And you have to toast the bread, becasue they only eat hard bread in Germany!

No comments: