Thursday, June 7, 2007

Spinach Salad with Homemade Dressing



This is a yummy, but fairly basic salad. It includes: cherry tomatoes, gorgonzala cheese, white onions, garlic and spinach. However the thing I got excited about this was that we didn't have any salad dressing, and it had never before crossed my mind to make my own salad dressing until then. So for this salad, I mixed together some spices (basil, italian seasonings, and parsley) with olive oil. It was not the best, in my opinion, although Joel really liked it. But now that I have had the idea to make my own dressings, I intend to start playing with dressing recipies and eventually make great dressings. I really like Italian and Ranch, so I will try to make those first. Anyway, so I wanted to introduce you to that idea as well, try making your own salad dressing!

No comments: