Thursday, June 7, 2007

June Special - Recipes!!

I have hardly even been home for the past month! I have been on so busy that I haven’t spent much time focusing on reading about pregnancy. Especially since my wedding is approaching quickly and things need to get done. I have been continuing to work on preparing my body for pregnancy in terms of trying to eat right. It’s been very difficult to eat right since I have been all over the place and never home, and for that reason I did decide to buy some vitamins and folic acid pills. But now I am settled back down for a few fleeting weeks before the wedding, and I have been trying out all these wonderful recipes from this book I bought called The Healthy Pregnancy Cookbook by Jane Middleton and George Rapitis. I have loved the book so far and highly recommend it to everyone, not just pregnant women because the recipes are really yummy! Ask Joel!! So I have decided to just post recipes for this month, and I have tried to take pictures of the food. However, now that I am with Joel for a while, we lack the proper set up and dishes to make pretty pictures. Hopefully you can just focus on the picture of the food and imagine if you might like it or not based on the ingredients. I think that’s pretty much all I’ll be posting until after the wedding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haven't tried the recipes yet but the pictures were enough to start salivating and draw me into a store for the ingredients.

I applaud your zest for nutritious foods, colorful portions which equate to a balanced menu, and the adventure of new tastes.

The soup which lacked flavor seems to be an eastern Indian recipe. One hint, since I already saw that it contained chx broth...I have found that the spices in Indian food can potentiate by cooking or browning them first. Perhaps trying that or allowing the soup to meld its' flavors for a day before ingesting.

Happy eating.
Susan