Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Good Intentions

I don't like to do the laundry very often - maybe once a month - but Joel would like it done twice a week, so usually he ends up doing the laundry. This seems to stress him out a lot since we have to do laundry in the laundry facility in our apartment. So last night, while he was gone teaching, I decided to do the laundry so that he wouldn't be stressed out. I knew he would be happy and surprised. I started at about 8:00pm and I thought I would be done before 10, which is when I expected Joel to be home. As it turns out, I put one of our loads of laundry in the "slow" one without knowing it. But there was a nice, talkative woman in the laundry room as well, so I was just doing the laundry and waiting for it while talking to her. Then before I knew it Joel comes in and he is like "I can't believe you are here, I came home and couldn't find you and you are always home when I come home so I thought the worst. I thought you had gotten hurt and went to the hospital by ambulance. I didn't know what to do and where to go." He said, "When I saw you weren't there, my thoughts didn't go to a normal conclusion, like maybe she is washing clothes, but instead they went to the morgue!" Poor Joel!! I was trying to do his laundry to save him time and not stress him, because I knew he has a lot of papers to grade tonight and applications to fill out and as it turns out I ended up scaring him for a while anyways! But after it was all over, as we were going to sleep he said that he is really happy that I did the laundry because it does help him out. So it wasn't for nothing. Next time, I will leave him a note, even if I think that I will be back before him. (I think it's nice how overly concerned he is especially now that I am pregnant, although I do feel bad that it scared him)

No comments: